Deputy Education Minister for Instruction, Romelle A. Horton has disclosed that they will launch full investigation into the scandal involving the West African Examination (WAEC).Deputy Minister Horton embarrassed by the situation for its negative implications on Liberia said, “We have launched a full scale investigation into the matter and the public must be assured that anyone or perpetrators found culpable of the crime will be required to face the law.”She added that cancellation of the exam was intended to regain confidence and to help strengthen the educational system or the country by ensuring transparency and accountability.Minister Horton said the Ministry of Education (MOE), in collaboration with WAEC, has put into place the necessary measures to ensure that the theft is not repeated.In the wake of cancellation of the exam, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) Monrovia office boss, John Gayvolor, says they need the amount of US$300,000 to reprint of the exam for the entire country.He made the disclosure while addressing the regular press briefing at the Ministry of Information, Cultural Affairs and Tourism (MICAT) in Monrovia on recently.Gayvolor said the finance will also cover the delivery of the exam materials across the country; revealing that prior to the incident, they had earlier secured 210 testing centers and hired the services of more than 1,564 porters for the smooth conduct of the exam. “We have earmarked June 27 to July 2 for the conduct of the exam; therefore, the resource is urgently needed to help fast track the exam reprint exercise.“We could not administer an exam that was stolen. Some unscrupulous individuals want to ensure that the WAEC exam loses credibility, but we are committed to ensuring that students are better prepared for future challenges,” he said. Gayvolor said that despite the exam papers being guarded by state security, including WAEC security officers, test papers on each of the nine subjects were stolen.Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
It was an early blow to Arsenal’s title aspirations and left them three points behind early pace-setters Manchester United, who won 4-0 for the second game running at Swansea City.Jese, 24, only joined Stoke on Wednesday and he was quick to make an impression on the fans of his new team.After driving at Arsenal’s back four from halfway, he swapped passes with Saido Berahino and then drilled a left-foot shot past the advancing Petr Cech.Arsenal, who remain without the injured Alexis Sanchez, thought they had equalised in the 72nd minute when Alexandre Lacazette lashed home, but it was chalked off due to a marginal — but correct — offside.Stoke had not beaten Arsenal since December 2014.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Jese Rodriguez celebrating after scoring on his debut for Stoke.LONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 19 – Jese Rodriguez made a memorable start to life at Stoke City by scoring the only goal of a 1-0 victory over Arsenal at the bet365 Stadium on Saturday.The Spanish forward, a loan signing from Paris Saint-Germain, finished crisply in the 47th minute to bring Arsene Wenger’s side down to earth after their opening 4-3 win over Leicester City.
0Shares0000All over: Victor Moses celebrates scoring a penalty to equalise during the World Cup match between Nigeria and Argentina © AFP/File / Giuseppe CACACELONDON, United Kingdom, Aug 15 – Chelsea and Nigeria winger Victor Moses, who played in the 2014 and 2018 World Cups, announced his retirement from international football on Wednesday, saying he wants to develop his club career.The 27-year-old has played 37 times and scored 12 goals for the Super Eagles. His last international appearance — and goal — came in Nigeria’s 2-1 defeat to Argentina in the group stage of the World Cup in Russia where the African side failed to make the knockout rounds.“I would like to announce that after much thought I have made the decision to retire from playing international football,” Moses said in a statement released on his Twitter account.“I have experienced some of the best moments of my life wearing the Super Eagles shirt and have memories with me that will last a lifetime.“However I feel that now is the right time to step away in order to be able to focus fully on (my) club career and my young family as well as to allow the next generation of Super Eagle stars the opportunity to step up and to flourish.“I have already spoken to the manager (Gernot Rohr) by telephone and would like to say thank you to him and his staff, the NFF (Nigeria Football Federation) and all of my team-mates for all of their support over the years.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)