Of the around 2,000 pilgrims on the Char Dham yatra in Uttarakhand, who were stranded after a landslip in Chamoli district, 800 have resumed their onward journey and work is on to clear the debris, officials said on Saturday.The Rishikesh-Badrinath National Highway was closed near Vishnuprayag, one of the five important points of the Alaknanda river, between Joshimath and the hill shrine of Badrinath.Huge boulders had rolled down the Hathi Pahar mountain on Friday afternoon, blocking the highway.CM’s directiveChief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat has directed the Secretary of the Disaster Management Department, Amit Negi, to monitor the situation.‘Arrangements in place’“There were no unfortunate incidents, 1,800 tourists were affected and arrangements were made for them. The Border Roads Organisation and other authorities are working on clearing the debris and the route will be opened today; all the suitable arrangements are in place,” Mr. Rawat tweeted.He said, “Information of landslides was shared with various towns along the route.”Chamoli District Magistrate Ashish Joshi dismissed reports that around 15,000 people were stranded. “Only 2,000 people have been affected,” he said.
LATEST STORIES View comments His short but sweet recital was met with a standing ovation from the pleased audience.Meanwhile, the 39-year-old Bryant expressed his delight upon performing and sharing the stage with one of music’s most recognizable names.“Never thought I’d be on stage w/ the great JOHN WILLIAMS @HollywoodBowl to perform the #DearBasketball animated short. Thank u LA #mindblown,” he wrote. Never thought I’d be on stage w/ the great JOHN WILLIAMS @HollywoodBowl to perform the #DearBasketball animated short. Thank u LA #mindblown pic.twitter.com/NryTKovJuU— Kobe Bryant (@kobebryant) September 2, 2017ADVERTISEMENT Trump signs bills in support of Hong Kong protesters MOST READ NATO’s aging eye in the sky to get a last overhaul Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Robredo should’ve resigned as drug czar after lack of trust issue – Panelo Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Celebrity chef Gary Rhodes dies at 59 with wife by his side Aside from being one of the most spectacular basketball players to ever lace up a pair of sneakers, Kobe Bryant is a man of many talents.ADVERTISEMENT Since his retirement from the game last year, fans have learned more about his many hidden passions aside from putting the ball in a hoop—including his gift for poetry.The Los Angeles Lakers legend recited his ”Dear Basketball” poem, alongside legendary conductor John Williams and the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra at the Hollywood Bowl over the weekend.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingThe one-time league MVP penned the heartfelt piece on The Player’s Tribune in 2015-2016 season, to announce that he’ll be walking away from the sport.Bryant’s emotional words echoed throughout the packed hall, as an animated short of his storied career played on a big screen overlooking the stage. Lyceum stays unbeaten, cruises to 10th straight win Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games Williams, meanwhile, is responsible for a slew of the most popular music in cinema history, including music for classics like “Jaws”, “Jurassic Park,” “E.T. the Extra-Terrestial” and the iconic “Imperial March” from the “Star Wars” franchise. /raRELATED STORY:Nike responds to Kobe Bryant’s letter to game of basketball Lacson: SEA Games fund put in foundation like ‘Napoles case’
Contact: Huntley Medley (Advisor/Consultant) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Minister of Youth and Culture, Hon. Lisa Hanna is encouraging children to report cases of abuse and neglect, reminding that neglect is also classified as a form of child abuse. “If you have a parent or guardian who is neglecting you, they can be reported because at this stage of your life, your physical and emotional well-being is important and the only way you are going to feel good about yourself is if you get care, reassurance, motivation, love,” the youth Minister told scores of students from schools in Kingston and St. Andrew on Friday, (November 2). The occasion was a youth forum held at the St. Andrew Parish Church Hall in Kingston as part of Youth Month activities and was organised by the National Child Month Committee. The Minister also encouraged the youth to speak up on the matter of sexual abuse, reminding them that no one has the right to touch them inappropriately. “You have a responsibility to yourself to report such acts where they happen. You are to respect yourselves and report it if anybody does anything to you that you find harmful whether emotionally, sexually or physically,” she said. Ms. Hanna also encouraged the children not to participate in underage sexual activities, informing that “by law and good moral values persons under the age of 16 are not allowed to have sex”. She said that even where young persons are older than 16 nobody – man or woman, has the right to force themselves on them inappropriately. Minister Hanna told the youth that sex can and should wait until they are physically, mentally, socially and financially ready, encouraging them to remain focused on their education and on their dreams and aspirations. Persons may report incidences of abuse to the Office of the Children’s Registry, an agency of the Ministry of Youth and Culture by calling the toll free number 1-888-PROTECT (1-888-776-8328) or by calling 908-2132/ 822-7031(LIME) or 878-2882 (Digicel) between the hours 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., Monday to Friday. Reports can also be made by visiting the offices of the Children’s Registry at 12 Carlton Crescent, Kingston 10 or by faxing the report to 908-0246 or emailing at email@example.com Under the Child Care and Protection Act (2004), it is an offence to fail to report known or suspected situations of child abuse to the Children’s Registry. The penalty for such an offence is imprisonment for up to six months, a fine of $500,000, or both. While addressing the youth forum, which provided an avenue for children to voice their views on issues that affect them, Minister Hanna reminded the youth to become active members of their communities as volunteers. “You are never too young to do community work, and you are never too young to work on behalf of other young people,” she noted. The forum was held under theme: ‘Jamaica 50: Let’s Celebrate Our Children,’ and included presentations from students of Wolmer’s Girls and Penwood High Schools on the topic: ‘Care and Protection for our Children during the Past 50 years’, while students of St. George’s College and Ardenne High School spoke on the topic, ‘Recognition and Celebration of the Achievements of Our Children during the Past 50 Years’. The forum was also attended by chairperson of the Child Month Committee, Dr. Pauline Mullings; Committee Patron, Douglas Orane; and Principal of Wolmer’s Girls School, Colleen Montague.