Australia’s Left-arm spinner Sophie Molineux had a dream debut as she hurt England’s chances of saving the Ashes by picking up 3 crucial wickets on Day 3 of the only Test in Taunton on Saturday.Sophie Molineux got the big wickets of Heather Knight, Amy Jones and Sarah Taylor as England huffed and puffed to 199 for 6 at Stumps on Day 3 of the only Ashes Test. Australia had declared on 420 for 8 earlier in the day after Beth Mooney became the 5th Australian batter to score 50-plus in their first innings.England lost Tammy Beaumont to Ellyse Perry as early as the third over as the Australian star’s dream Test continued. However, Amy Jones and Heather Knight had a 79-run stand for the 2nd wicket before Sophie Molineux picked up her maiden Test wicket to send Knight walking back.Amy Jones fell to Molinuex in the 44th over but Natalie Sciver saved the blushes for the hosts on Day 3 with a hard-fought 62. Sciver remained unbeaten at close of play even as England lost Sarah Taylor and Katherine Brunt in quick succession.If the proceedings of the 1st 3 days are anything to go by, England’s chances of saving the Ashes Test looks bleak. They need nothing less than a win to avoid Australia retaining the Ashes.Rain had washed away play on Day 2 after Lunch on Friday in the Test but Ellyse Perry stole the show with her hundred. The Australia No. 4 hit 116 from 281 balls before England’s Laura Marsh got her wicket.Women’s Ashes is a point-based series and the team that earns the most points at the end of the series will clinch the trophy. Australia are the current holders of the Ashes as they won it in the backyard of England in 2015 and then retained the trophy in Australia in 2017.advertisementA team will be entitled to earn two points on winning an ODI or T20I. If the match is tied or abandoned, both teams will receive a point each. The only Test consists of four points to grab, however, in case there is a draw, the teams will get two points each.Also Read | Women’s Ashes Test: Ellyse Perry finally gets dismissed before rain plays spoilsport on Day 2Also See:
Related Items:anti-money laundering, dwayne baker Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 25 Mar 2015 – The two day anti-money laundering conference not only drew a wide cross section of public and private sector professionals form the Turks and Caicos Islands, but from abroad. Magnetic Media spoke to Dwayne Baker, Director of the Financial Intelligence Agency who said the support was near capacity.“We’ve had wide interests from international participants; Trinidad and Tobago has brought a large delegation here, inclusive of their Attorney General, Anguilla, St Kitts and Nevis and some of our other Sister Territories, so the response has been quite fantastic.” Mr. Baker said there is a sincere willingness for those in TCI to follow regulations, even if there are some who deviate, the eighty participants and the type of interaction shown proves it. As far as whether the country is measuring up to standards globally; Baker said progress is good for the territory.“Well from the response this morning from the Caribbean Financial Action Task Force, it seems as if we are doing quite well… we are about to exit one of our review processes, that is the third round of evaluations and move into the fourth round which will look at the effectiveness of our systems.”Financial services contributes $2.3 million to government revenue. The Anti- Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism Conference was jointly organized by the Financial Intelligence Agency, the Attorney General’s Chambers and the Caribbean Financial Action Task Force; we will hear from their executives next time… Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp
June 26, 2018 Dave Scott, Posted: June 26, 2018 North County Sprinter connects Escondido and Oceanside 00:00 00:00 spaceplay / pause qunload | stop ffullscreenshift + ←→slower / faster ↑↓volume mmute ←→seek . seek to previous 12… 6 seek to 10%, 20% … 60% XColor SettingsAaAaAaAaTextBackgroundOpacity SettingsTextOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundSemi-TransparentOpaqueTransparentFont SettingsSize||TypeSerif MonospaceSerifSans Serif MonospaceSans SerifCasualCursiveSmallCapsResetSave SettingsOCEANSIDE (KUSI) – It’s one of the only ways in San Diego you can get straight to the beach, by taking the sprinter. KUSI’s Dave Scott tried it himself, taking the sprinter from Escondido to the beach in Oceanside. Dave Scott Categories: Local San Diego News FacebookTwitter
American Business Media, the b-to-b publishing trade association, produced its downsized Digital Velocity conference on Tuesday, a free event delivered almost entirely online. During the first keynote, Christian Science Monitor editor John Yemma called this the worst recession since the 1930s, the end of the Internet growth era, and the end of the notion that “news is free.” “The old watchdog function of the news media is being fundamentally challenged now,” said Yemma. “I hope this can be done by bloggers, but I’m not sure it can be.”CSM dropped its daily print edition in favor of a weekly, online daily model this past fall. “The decision to do this was about two years in the making,” Yemma said. “We took a deep dive into our financials and best practices, which included prototyping and market research. The tipping point came last summer when the obvious choice was digital.” He added: “Everyone talks multiplatform, but we couldn’t have made this decision if we hadn’t done the groundwork a few years ago.”The goal, Yemma said, was to make the move to the Web first, then develop robust social media. “The Internet isn’t just about paperless publishing, it’s about interactivity,” he said. Yemma said he hopes to grow page views 5-fold between 2009 and 2013, which would put the company at a break-even point. The half-day event, shot at ABM’s New York offices, had approximately 50 b-to-b live attendees and speakers, with participants viewing from 49 locations across the Web, ABM said. Digital Velocity concluded with an interactive roundtable from participants in the ABM offices focused on driving digital revenue, lead generation, and investing in new technologies where they discussed the challenges of monetizing video in the b-to-b market, the cost of content creation, and revenue through paid, subscription-based models.
Four of the magazine industry’s iconic editors—Rolling Stone’s Jann Wenner, Tina Brown, and Vogue’s Anna Wintour and Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter (left to right, above)—presented photographer Annie Leibovitz (center) with a general excellence Ellie—the first ever to be awarded to an individual, not a magazine.Wenner accepted Rolling Stone’s award for a profile of the late writer and novelist David Foster Wallace, who committed suicide last fall. “David won a National Magazine Award for a piece he did for us years ago,” Wenner said. “He was one of the true talents.”‘Chainsaw-Wielding’Texas Monthly editor Evan Smith delivered the best acceptance speech of the night, thanking everyone from George W. Bush and Karl Rove to “chainsaw-wielding murderers” and Willie Nelson, for making the job of covering the state of Texas an “easy” one. (Texas Monthly won for general excellence, 250,000 to 500,000 circulation.)Despite its elder demographic, AARP the Magazine won an Ellie for best interactive feature online, taking out National Geographic, Salon and Wired.com.After Bicycling won an Ellie, its editor, Loren Mooney, said: “Bicycling? Seriously?!?”There were few other surprises, albeit big ones: Field & Stream won a general excellence award (1,000,000 to 2,000,000 circulation), beating the New Yorker, Vogue and Popular Science.Reader’s Digest, nominated for the first time in 20 years, won a general excellence award (over 2,000,000 circulation), beating Martha Stewart Living, Real Simple, National Geographic—which won three Ellies last year—and Time.Said editor Peggy Northrop: “This is for all of my friends who said I was crazy for taking this job.” SEE ALSO: FOLIO: Q+A with Northrop [PHOTOS: Steve Friedman] But unlike other years, given the seemingly endless waves of layoffs, magazine closings and reports of hemorrhaging ad pages that have rocked the industry in the last 12 months, this didn’t feel like a celebration.Backpacker, Esquire, Wired and the New Yorker led the awards field, winning three Ellies each.Jimmy Fallon, host of NBC’s Late Night, presented the evening’s first two awards, for excellence online. Backpacker editor Jonathan Dorn, in accepting the Ellie for Backpacker.com, said he hoped it would allow him to keep his job for a year, “maybe two.”“This gives us air cover,” he said.Chris Anderson, accepting Wired’s third Ellie, apologized for his sudden ubiquity: “This is usually the part where [New York magazine editor] Adam Moss or [New Yorker editor] David Remnick start apologizing.”Anderson also thanked his boss at Condé Nast, Si Newhouse, for approving a cover he told Newhouse would “tank.” “Si said, ‘Oh, it doesn’t matter.’” RELATED: FOLIO:’s Ellies Twitter Stream NEW YORK—The 44th annual National Magazine Awards—a normally boozy, raucous affair—were held during a gala ceremony at Jazz @ Lincoln Center here Thursday.
Montreal-based magazine printer Quebecor World is expected to announce this week—possibly as early as today—that it is changing its name to Novink.The company, according to Graphic Monthly Canada’s PrintCAN, applied for a trademark for “Novink” last July, and in May published the application in a Canadian trademarks journal.A Quebecor spokesperson did not immediately return a request for comment.The printer indicated it would change its name as part of the company’s emergence from Chapter 11. In April, the company reached a $1.5 billion agreement with its creditors that it says will allow the company to emerge from bankruptcy protection this summer. Last month, Quebecor World received a letter from fellow printer R.R. Donnelley expressing interest in purchasing Quebecor for roughly $1.35 billion. A vote on a response by Quebecor’s board of directors is expected imminently.A Quebecor creditor’s meeting is scheduled for June 18.
More From Roadshow Following the launch of the E-Tron SUV this spring, Audi will bring the E-Tron Sportback — likely called E-Tron Performance — to market. It packs all the goodies of the standard E-Tron in a sort of crossover-coupe shape. In other words, it’s an E-Tron SUV with a more heavily raked roofline and slightly wider proportions.In 2020, Audi will launch the Q4 E-Tron, which rides on the Volkswagen Group’s MLB Evo electric vehicle architecture. As we reported earlier, the production Q4 E-Tron will look remarkably similar to the concept car, the production Q4 E-Tron will look remarkably similar to the concept car from this year’s Geneva Motor Show, right down to the funky, customizable LED running lights.The E-Tron GT will also arrive in 2020, and will share a number of its components with the upcoming Porsche Taycan, including a new, 800-volt charging system. Much like the Q4 E-Tron, the production GT will bear a striking resemblance to the concept from last year’s Los Angeles Auto Show, though it, too, will gain real door handles and a bit more texturing around the front fascia.Early next decade, a number of electrified Audis will launch on the company’s new PPE architecture, co-developed with Porsche. It’s unclear exactly what Audi has in store for this PPE platform, but Porsche has already confirmed the next-generation Macan SUV will use this electrified base. 51 Photos 26 Photos Audi’s new E-Tron electric SUV will hit the road in the US in the coming months. It’s a big step forward for the German automaker’s electrification plans, but as it turns out, it’s only the tip of the iceberg.At an event at Audi’s headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany, on Wednesday, company executives confirmed the brand will launch 30 electrified vehicles by the year 2025. The key word here is electrified — as in, not necessarily fully electric. Cars like the recently announced A6, A7, A8 and Q5 plug-in hybrids count toward this 30-vehicle goal. 2018 Audi Q7: Rockin’ the suburbs 0 2018 Audi S4: The sweet spot sport sedan Audi E-Tron GT concept on the streets of Los Angeles Electric Cars Luxury cars Audi Share your voice Post a comment Tags 2019 Audi E-Tron basking in the desert sun 2019 Audi Q8 review: Stop worrying and love the roof Audi
The Indian rupee hit a new low of 68.86 against the US dollar on Thursday, as foreign investors continue to sell their holdings in view of an imminent interest rate hike by the US Federal Reserve next month. The previous all-time low for the domestic currency was 68.85 on August 28, 2013.On that day, the rupee experienced its biggest single-day fall in 18 years but gained later to close at 66.24.Narendra Modi was voted to power in May 2014 when his BJP-led NDA swept the general elections, ousting the Congress-led UPA that remained in office for 10 years.Earlier, on Thursday, the rupee opened 19 paise lower at 68.76.Foreign institutional investors (FIIs/FPIs) have been on a selling spree in November, offloading debt and equities worth $3.18 billion, the Mint reported.The fall is not confined to the Indian rupee alone. “Asian currencies’ drop to a seven-year low will probably deter regional central banks from easing monetary policies as the prospects of higher U.S. rates spurred capital outflows,” Geojit BNP Paribas said in a note on Thursday morning.The BSE Sensex closed at 25,860 on Thursday, down 192 points, or 0.74 percent. Top index losers were Tata Motors, Sun Pharma and Axis Bank.”Continued weakness in rupee against dollar, last hour of expiry square-off and the disruptions in Rajya debate over demonetization have dragged the market. This phase of consolidation is likely to continue in the near-term given the domestic setbacks and losing strength of the EMs due to buoyant bond yield,” Vinod Nair, Head of Research, Geojit BNP Paribas Financial Services, said in a note.The BSE Bankex closed 1.45 percent, with the top losers being Kotak Mahindra Bank, Axis Bank, Federal Bank and IndusInd Bank. State Bank of India ended with gains of 1.14 percent at Rs 261.70.
Karu Jayasuriya, speaker of the parliament of Sri Lanka, attend a party leaders and members meeting at the parliament in Colombo, Sri Lanka 2 November 2018.Photo: ReutersSri Lanka’s speaker of parliament said on Monday he would not accept a former president, Mahinda Rajapaksa, as the new prime minister until he proves he commands a majority in parliament.President Maithripala Sirisena fired the sitting prime minister, Ranil Wickremesinghe, on 26 October and appointed Rajapaksa in his place, sparking a political crisis.Wickremesinghe has denounced his dismissal as unconstitutional and vowed to remain prime minister until parliament votes him out.”The majority of members are of the view that the changes … are unconstitutional and against traditions,” the speaker of parliament, Karu Jayasuriya, said in a statement.Sirisena suspended parliament after he appointed Rajapaksa, raising concern among political parties at home and among Sri Lanka’s traditional allies such as India, the United States and European Union.Rajapaksa is known as a Sri Lankan nationalist, while being close to China.He is seen as a hero by many among Sri Lanka’s Buddhist majority but has been accused by diplomats of serious human rights abuses in the war against rebels from the Tamil minority, which ended during his tenure as president, in 2009.He has denied abuses and said in a statement after he was sworn in he wanted to end religious and ethnic divisions in the country of 21 million people.Jayasuriya said most members of parliament had called on him not to accept the changes.”I will have to accept the status quo prior to the changes” until a majority in parliament accepted them, he said.On Friday, 118 members of the 225-seat legislature met the speaker and called for the reconvening of parliament. On Sunday, Sirisena said parliament would be recalled on 14 November.Jayasuriya said it was difficult for him to remain silent when the norms of democracy and the rights of a majority of members of parliament had been violated.Foreign Minister Sarath Amunugama told a news conference Jayasuriya was not being impartial.The European Union warned last week it will consider stripping Sri Lanka of its duty-free access if it backs off commitments on human rights, amid worries stoked by the appointment of Rajapaksa.The United States and Japan have put some aid to Sri Lanka on hold because of the political crisis, Sri Lankan government officials have said.Sirisena has said Wickremesinghe was removed after his cabinet was dissolved in line with the constitution, but Wickremesinghe loyalists say it was unconstitutional.
Watch: Orca Performs ‘Belly Roll’ During Close Encounter With BoatPhotographer Captures Photo of Whale With Sliced-Off Tail After Boat Strike Stay on target Japan will reportedly resume commercial whaling next year, after exiting the International Whaling Commission (IWC).In defiance of the 1986 global ban on whale hunting, the country plans to resume operations in July, according to Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga.“The whaling will be conducted in accordance with international law and within the catch limits calculated in accordance with the method adopted by the IWC to avoid negative impact on cetacean resources,” he said in a statement, published by Reuters.AdChoices广告Hunting whales for their usable products—meat, oil, blubber—dates back to around 3000 BC; by the late 1930s, more than 50,000 whales were being killed annually. Plunging populations eventually led to an international moratorium on the commercial hunting of whales.Japan, however, took advantage of a loophole allowing for the slaughter of whales in the name of scientific research: It sent vessels to the Antarctic to kill hundreds of whales annually, their meat ending up for sale across the country.The practice ended in 2014, when the International Court of Justice ruled that the program was not legitimate.Japan’s withdrawal from the IWC, however, means it will be free to restart commercial whaling next summer—a move the Australian government is “extremely disappointed” with.“The decision … is regrettable and Australia urges Japan to return to the Convention and Commission as a matter of priority,” Foreign Minister Marise Payne and Environment Minister Melissa Price said in a joint statement.Greenpeace Japan Executive Director Sam Annesley agreed, calling on Japan to “urgently act to conserve marine ecosystems, rather than resume commercial whaling.”“As a result of modern fleet technology, overfishing in both Japanese coastal waters and high seas areas has led to the depletion of many whale species,” according to Annesley. “Most whale populations have not yet been recovered, including larger [mammals] such as blue whales, fin whales, and sei whales.“The world’s oceans face multiple threats such as acidification and plastic pollution, in addition to overfishing,” he continued. “As a country surrounded by oceans where people’s lives have been heavily reliant on marine resources, it is essential for Japan to work toward healthy oceans. Japan’s government has so far failed to resolve these problems.”The Asian nation will still attend International Whaling Commission meetings, Yoshie Nakatani, an official at the foreign ministry’s fisheries division, announced.“It’s not like we are turning our back on the IWC and abandoning international cooperation,” she said, as reported by Reuters. “There is no change to our country’s respect for the rule of law and multilateralism.”More on Geek.com:Whale Fossil Reveals Surprising Evolutionary StepDead Whale Found With 1,000 Pieces of Plastic Trash in StomachAncient Whale Bones ID Species Lost From Mediterranean Sea