Matthew Lucas (left), 42, and Matthew Loosemore, 45, deny the chargesCredit: Ben Lack Photography Ltd “On three separate occasions they filmed a total of five people sunbathing naked in private and, on another occasion, they filmed a couple having sexual intercourse in their own garden.” Continuing his opening of the case, Mr Wright said: “How then does the prosecution say that we can prove that these recordings are not simply the product of one swinging and sex-obsessed air observer, Adrian Pogmore, but were made with the connivance of the other members of the crew?” As Mr Wright opened the case for the prosecution, the jury was shown graphic footage of the couple shot from the helicopter. Playing the footage, Mr Wright said: “As you will see in a moment, the couple who were filmed on this occasion were very much aware that they were being observed, indeed they seem to relish it.” South Yorkshire Police’s helicopter crew are accused of using the aircraft to film people sunbathing naked and taking shots of naturists on a campsite.Prosecutors outlined details of the South Yorkshire Police’s helicopter crew’s activities as the trial began of two police officers and two pilots at Sheffield Crown Court.Richard Wright QC, prosecuting, told a jury: “They used the unique viewing position afforded to them, together with the powerful video camera with which the helicopter is equipped, to video members of the public engaged in private activities in a gross violation of their privacy. Lee Walls arrives at Sheffield Crown Court for the start of his trialCredit:Ben Lack Photography Ltd Mr Wright said the final incident – again featuring people sunbathing naked – was on July 22 2012, when the aircraft was piloted by Reeves, with Lucas and Pogmore as observers.The prosecutor said that in the cases of all four recordings there was “no legitimate police purpose” for flying over the homes.Mr Wright said: “This was a deliberate invasion of their privacy for, at the very least, the inappropriate amusement of the crew and, at worst, for their sexual gratification.”He said that it was also a “gross waste of valuable resource”.The prosecutor told the jury that it may hear attempts to trivialise what happened as “isolated incidents of laddish conduct” but he said the people who were filmed did not see it that way.Mr Wright said the prosecution stemmed from recordings found in Pogmore’s possession at a police station in 2015 and that he was the only person present on all four flights mentioned in the charges.The trial, which started on Tuesday, is expected to last three weeks.Pogmore, of Whiston, Rotherham, has admitted four charges of misconduct in a public office.Mr Wright said the other four men deny the charges and, “in short”, blame Pogmore for what happened. Adrian Pogmore has admitted four charges of misconduct in a public officeCredit:Ben Lack Photography Ltd Mr Wright said the incident involving the couple having sex on the patio happened on July 28 2008 when the aircraft was piloted by Loosemore, with Pogmore and Lucas as the observers.Earlier on the same day, the helicopter was used to film a couple sitting naked by a caravan on a campsite used by naturists, also in South Yorkshire.The prosecutor said: “Although naturists expect to be seen naked by other naturists, they do not expect to be monitored by the crew of the police helicopter.”The jury was shown the video recording of the naturists shot from the helicopter as well as two more recordings of people sunbathing naked.Footage shot on August 23 2007 – when the pilot was Reeves and the observers were Pogmore and Walls – appeared to involve the aircraft circling a garden where a woman was sunbathing without clothes on a lawn.Mr Wright said the woman was with two daughters – aged 18 and 15 – who were wearing bikinis and an eight-year-old daughter, who appeared to be fully clothed in the footage.The prosecutor said: “There is self-evidently no legitimate policing purpose connected to orbiting her home and using equipment to film her naked body.” Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily Front Page newsletter and new audio briefings. Pilot Malcolm Reeves denies two countsCredit:Ben Lack Photography Ltd The prosecutor explained how the couple featured were friends of Adrian Pogmore, 50, a police officer and an air observer on the helicopter, who has pleaded guilty to offences of misconduct in a public office.The four men on trial – Matthew Lucas, 42, Lee Walls, 47, Matthew Loosemore, 45, and Malcolm Reeves, 64 – all deny the same offence.Mr Wright told the jury: “The reason that this couple are so happy to be recorded engaging in sexual intercourse is that they are friends of Mr Pogmore and shared his sexual interest in the swinging scene.”It was clearly, therefore, no coincidence that the helicopter orbits around their garden while they brazenly put on a show.”The prosecutor said: “You may hope that the police helicopter is chasing down criminals and keeping the community safe.”You may never imagine that in fact it is being used to film a pair of swingers in the throes of sexual passion for the entertainment of the crew.” A police helicopter crew filmed a brazen couple carrying out sex acts in their garden while “putting on a show” for the officers hovering above, a court heard today.The pair waved at the aircraft at one point during the clip as they engaged in a range of sex acts and sexual positions on the patio of a suburban house.The eight minute long film features a naked woman – who waves at the aircraft at one point – and a man wearing only a Manchester United football shirt. Reeves, of Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, denies two counts.Walls, of Aston, Sheffield, denies one count.Loosemore, of Auckley, Doncaster, denies one count.Lucas, of Chapeltown, Sheffield, denies three counts.
Lundin Mining Corporation and Euro Sun Mining Inc have announced that they have submitted a proposal to Nevsun Resources Ltd to acquire all of Nevsun’s outstanding common shares for approximately C$1.5 billion. This proposal has been rejected by Nevsun. Lundin Mining says its numerous attempts to engage Nevsun and propose a mutually beneficial transaction have been unsuccessful. Nevsun’s key assets are the Timok copper-gold project in Serbia and the Bisha copper-zinc mine in Eritrea.“Working together, Lundin Mining and Euro Sun have identified a way to create significant value. Under the terms of the proposal, dated April 30, 2018, Nevsun shareholders would receive total consideration of C$5.00 per Nevsun share consisting of: (i) C$2.00 in cash funded by Lundin Mining; (ii) C$2.00 in shares of Lundin Mining; plus (iii) C$1.00 in shares of Euro Sun. The proposal would result in Lundin Mining owning the European assets of Nevsun including the Timok project and Euro Sun owning the remainder of Nevsun including the Bisha mine and Nevsun’s cash balance.”“Lundin Mining and Euro Sun believe strongly that the Proposal should be shared with all Nevsun shareholders. Lundin Mining and Euro Sun believe that the Proposal is extremely compelling for all Nevsun shareholders and represents a fully valued offer for Nevsun. The C$5.00 per share value of the total consideration represents a 40% premium to Nevsun’s closing price on April 30, 2018 on the Toronto Stock Exchange, a 54% premium to Nevsun’s 30-day volume weighted average price on the TSX for the period ended April 30, 2018, and a 92% premium to Nevsun’s closing price of C$2.61 on the TSX on February 6, 2018, the day prior to Lundin Mining’s initial offer.”Paul Conibear, President and CEO of Lundin Mining commented: “We believe our proposal is extremely compelling and in the best interests of Nevsun shareholders. Our significant experience in underground construction and mining, and track record of operating in Europe demonstrate our ability to be a strong and reputable developer of the Timok project in Serbia. Given the significant near-term financing needs of the Timok project and our strong balance sheet, the timing is ideal for Lundin Mining to acquire the Timok project and bring it into production as soon as possible. Our inclusion of cash and Lundin Mining shares will allow Nevsun shareholders to both crystallise value now and continue to share in the future growth of not only the Timok project, but benefit from the success of Lundin Mining’s operations, while participating in Lundin Mining’s future dividends.”Conibear continued: “After months of attempting to reach an agreement, we are disappointed that Nevsun has prevented its shareholders from considering our premium proposals and at this point in time, we believe that all Nevsun shareholders should be made aware of this opportunity. We remain fully committed to negotiating a transaction with Nevsun under the very attractive terms proposed.”Scott Moore, President & Chief Executive Officer of Euro Sun commented: “The acquisition of Bisha represents a unique value creation opportunity for both current Euro Sun shareholders and to our prospective new Nevsun shareholders. The addition of an operating asset will substantially de-risk the development of the Rovina Valley gold-copper porphyry project in Romania and we will look to add value at the Bisha mine through an aggressive exploration program. The Board and management of Euro Sun have a demonstrated track record of generating outstanding shareholder returns, including through their prior involvement with Avion Gold, and the purchase of Nevsun’s Tabakoto assets in Mali, which was subsequently sold at a significant premium. We strongly believe the potential of Bisha is well beyond its current mine life and Rovina represents an opportunity for all stakeholders to participate in the second largest gold project in Europe. We look forward to the opportunity to deliver increased value at Bisha and Rovina Valley to all the stakeholders of Nevsun as Euro Sun shareholders.”
Meanwhile, Donegal residents are still waiting for anyone to be elected at all to their council, in any of their FIVE local electoral areas of Donegal town, Glenties, Letterkenny, Inishowen, Stranorlar. As is Longford, with 18 seats to be filled in Ballymahon, Granard and Longford.Only around a third of the 949 seats to be filled had councillors elected to them as of 4am today.Who has been elected a councillor in Ireland so far? Check here>How did yesterday’s locals and two by-elections go? Find out here> TODAY, THE SPOTLIGHT is meant to be on the European election count.It ain’t over yet in the locals – not by a long shot.As of 4am this morning, the following LEAs (local electoral areas) were looking down the barrel of a recount at some stage today. So it looks like tallies to predict who will be our next MEPs will be emerging alongside an ongoing battle to see who will fill your local council seats.Here are some of the LEAs facing a recount today:Ballyjamesduff (Cavan)Athenry-Oranmore (Galway County Council)Cork City South East Cork City South West – of count 6Ballina (Mayo)Castlebar (Mayo)Tallaght South (SDCC)Dublin North Inner City (Dublin City)Dun Laoghaire (DL-Rathdown)Rathmines-Rathgar (Dublin City)Killiney-Shankill (DL-Rathdown)Glencullen-Sandyford (DL-Rathdown)Ballyfermot-Drimnagh (Dublin City)Killaloe (Clare)