NASCAR founder’s great-grandson wins K&N East race

first_img“It’s so cool to come here to Pensacola and win. This is a track with so much prestige.”—Ben Kennedy Ben Kennedy captured his first career win in dominant fashion — leading the NAPA Auto Parts 150 wire-to-wire as the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East made its inaugural visit to Five Flags Speedway on Saturday. ___________________________________________________________________________________________Comments are currently unavailable. We’re working on the development of a NASCAR fan forum – please stay tuned. Kennedy grabs first career K&N Pro Series East win in home state of Florida Earlier in the day, Kennedy established himself as the one to beat at the half-mile track in his home state — topping the speed chart in practice and winning the Coors Light Pole Award in qualifying.The 21-year-old from Daytona Beach held off multiple challenges throughout the 150-lap event and maintained command even after his sizeable lead was erased by a late-race caution.”It’s so cool to come here to Pensacola and win,” said Kennedy. “This is a track with so much prestige, and this is phenomenal.”Fifteen-year-old series rookie Gray Gaulding had to settle for second, with John Van Doorn third. Brett Moffitt came home fourth, followed by Kenzie Ruston. Bryon Ortiz, Dylan Kwasniewski, Sergio Pena, Ryan Gifford and Brandon Gdovic completed the top 10.Kennedy, the great grandson of NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., got his first NASCAR win last year in the Euro-Racecar Series in Tours, France. This was his first win in the U.S. and came in his 30th NASCAR K&N Pro Series East start. His previous best finish was third (twice).Kennedy was one of five drivers in the field with previous experience at the Pensacola track. He has twice competed in Super Late Models at Five Flags.The NAPA Auto Parts 150 will be televised on SPEED on May 2 at 3 p.m. ET.The next event on the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East schedule is the Blue Ox 100 at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway on April 25.For more results, audio, photos and information, go to hometracks.nascar.com.last_img read more

Pushback among landowners in 15 states over pipeline eminent domain

first_imgPushback among landowners in 15 states over pipeline eminent domain FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享AP:There have been more than 200 instances of courts granting pipeline companies immediate possession of land, while at the same time deferring the issue of how much the property owners will be paid for it, said Robert McNamara, an attorney for the Institute for Justice, a libertarian public interest law firm based in Arlington that is representing Erb and others in similar situations.Those cases have occurred in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia, McNamara said.The pipeline affecting Erb was built by Tulsa, Oklahoma-based energy company Williams, which constructed the Atlantic Sunrise project to expand its pipeline network and carry gas fracked from the Marcellus shale formation in northeastern Pennsylvania to the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond.Similar projects have sprung up across the country as fracking technology has allowed natural gas to be extracted in an economically efficient manner.McNamara acknowledged that federal law gives energy companies the ability to invoke eminent domain to build pipelines. But the Natural Gas Act, the law that governs the land seizures, provides no mechanism for companies to take possession of the land without first negotiating a price with the landowner.Pipeline companies have gotten around this by obtaining preliminary injunctions from judges, allowing the companies to take the land immediately and pay later. McNamara said this amounts to what is known as a “quick take” provision under the law, which he said is allowed in some types of eminent domain cases, but not pipeline cases.More: They’re exploiting a broken system’: Property owners decry pipeline procurement processlast_img read more

Alex Galchenyuk trade rumors: Pittsburgh Penguins forward on trading block, per reports

first_img“The Penguins are looking around to see what fits there might be for him,” Friedman said on the show. “I do think Buffalo is one of the teams who has looked at him, but Galchenyuk is someone who could find a new home.”RELATED: Colorado Avalanche favorites to acquire Taylor HallGalchenyuk, who was acquired in an offseason trade with the Arizona Coyotes as part of an exchange for Phil Kessel, hasn’t exactly been able to find his footing with Pittsburgh — or fill the void in scoring. In 21 games with the Pens, he’s registered two goals, 10 points and a minus-3 rating and is on pace for seven goals and 35 points. Last season, he managed 19 goals with the Coyotes; he only scored his first of this season with his new club on Nov. 25. With the Pittsburgh Penguins battling injuries and adversity to stay in the playoff race, forward Alex Galchenyuk is reportedly on the trading block, as per Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman.On Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday, Friedman was discussing the Penguins and mentioned that they are shopping the 25-year-old forward. The 2012 third-overall pick is making $4.9 million this season before hitting the free-agent market on July 1. At this point, Galchenyuk would be a rental, and could potentially benefit from a change of scenery.IT FINALLY HAPPENED! 🚨 Alex Galchenyuk pots his first goal as a member of the @penguins. 🐧 pic.twitter.com/q2hmUi9i1w— Sportsnet (@Sportsnet) November 26, 2019Considering the Sabres’ current situation as they look to maintain their place in the standings, Galchenyuk could help provide secondary scoring — both at even strength and on the power play. He’s a proven playmaker with a good shot that can make creative plays on the fly, but he does need to add more consistency and aggression to his game, all while improving his play at both ends of the ice.In 511 career games, Galchenyuk has recorded 129 goals, 306 points and a minus-56 rating.last_img read more