[photo by Sidney Smith] Brandon “Taz” Niederauer has been gaining the momentum he deserves since before even entering middle school. The guitar prodigy was initially recognized by the Internet for his Allman Brothers Band covers when he was only eight years old. When he was nine, he attended a music camp called Roots Rock Revival with founding member and drummer Butch Trucks and then-current bassist Oteil Burbridge. It was there that he impressed the right group of people with his performances of songs like “Stormy Monday” and “Southbound.” Just a few months later, he was invited to sit in with The Revivalists at the Brooklyn Bowl in New York City and wowed the audience with a blistering version of “Whipping Post.” In that same year, he performed for Ellen DeGeneres on The Ellen Show, playing a few popular snippets including the Allman Brothers Band’s “Jessica.”When founding member, lyricist, vocalist, and organist Gregg Allman caught site of these videos, he invited the ten-year-old to join him and his band in early 2014 at the Peabody Auditorium in Daytona Beach, Florida. The plans were initially for Brandon to sit in for “Hot Lanta,” but after a successful soundcheck, Gregg Allman invited Taz to return for a “Whipping Post” encore. See why in the video below:The day after this performance, Brandon Niederauer embarked on his first and only appearance to date on Jam Cruise to perform alongside a boat full of even more of his idols. It was on Jam Cruise that he met Col. Bruce Hampton, a friend and collaborator of the Allman Brothers Band since the very beginning, earning his guidance and mentorship. Niederauer’s success story ever since has been a direct result of these experiences.Stranger Than Fiction: The Cosmic Curtain Call Of Col. Bruce HamptonWhile performing a lead role as guitarist “Zack” in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s School of Rock The Musical for the last two years, Brandon Niederauer’s name has circulated the jam scene for many more reasons than that. His fate became clear earlier this month when he performed the final solo of “Turn On Your Lovelight” at Hampton 70, while Bruce majestically laid beside him. In what was initially interpreted as a Zambi prank, time made it clear that the “Grandaddy of Jam” had passed the torch to Brandon on that very stage.Brandon’s relationship with the Allman Brothers Band goes far beyond their music. Now engrained as an official part of the band’s history, the fourteen-year-old is utilizing the last several years of mentorship to the best of his ability. See below for some of the posts he’s written since the passing of Gregg Allman, Col. Bruce Hampton, and Butch Trucks.
The German magazine that reported a rape allegation made against footballer Cristiano Ronaldo says it has “no reason” to doubt the authenticity of key documents used in its story.Ronaldo, 33, denies assaulting Kathryn Mayorga at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.Lawyers representing the Juventus player said on Wednesday that documents had been “completely fabricated”. But Der Spiegel said: “We have hundreds of documents from different sources that substantiate our reporting.”It added in a statement: “We stand by our reporting. We have no reason to believe that those documents are not authentic.“Furthermore, as always and before publishing every single article in Der Spiegel, we have meticulously fact-checked our information and had it legally reviewed.“The statement that was issued by Ronaldo’s lawyer, Peter Christiansen on behalf of Cristiano Ronaldo presents the usual path that Mr. Ronaldo and his lawyers have taken in the past when unsuccessfully fighting our investigative work.”The magazine’s story centres on a questionnaire, which it says came from Ronaldo’s lawyers, in which the Portugal international admits Mayorga, 34, said “no” and “stop” during the alleged attack.In a statement released on Wednesday, Christiansen said the documents were “pure inventions” and the result of a 2015 cyber attack, during which “electronic data was stolen” from “dozens of entities (including law firms) in different parts of Europe”.He added: “This hacker tried to sell such information, and a media outlet irresponsibly ended up publishing some of the stolen documents, significant parts of which were altered and/or completely fabricated.”Der Spiegel responded by saying: “In our article, we quote two versions of a document with statements by Mr. Ronaldo.“It’s a questionnaire that comes from his lawyers and describes the course of the night, in which the alleged rape occurred. The first version of this questionnaire, in which Ronaldo is quoted as saying that Ms Mayorga said ‘no’ and ‘stop’, is consistent with many details of Ms Mayorga’s description of the incident.“Both also state that he apologised to her afterwards. In a later version of this questionnaire, Mr. Ronaldo denies the accusation of rape and denies apologising to Ms Mayorga.”Christiansen said his client’s position continues to be that “what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual”.He added: “So that there are no doubts: Cristiano Ronaldo vehemently denies all the accusations in this civil action, in consistency with what he has done in the last nine years.”Mayorga’s lawyers have now called for any documents to be handed over to “the appropriate law enforcement agencies” to help resolve any discrepancies.They added they wanted to review any evidence that showed documents had been altered or fabricated.Der Spiegel also believes Ronaldo’s representatives have changed their narrative regarding the alleged payment that was made to Mayorga by Ronaldo’s lawyers in 2010.Mayorga, who the magazine says filed a report with Las Vegas police shortly after the alleged incident, reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo involving a $375,000 (£288,000) payment for agreeing never to go public with the allegations.Christiansen says Ronaldo does not deny he entered into an agreement, but “the reasons that led him to do so are at least to be distorted”. He added: “This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt.”Der Spiegel said: “When we published an article about the settlement agreement between Ms Mayorga and Mr. Ronaldo in 2017, his advisors called it ‘nothing but a piece of journalistic fiction’.“Now, Mr. Ronaldo admits that he agreed to that settlement.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram