TRANSFER SAGACardiff City has submitted its evidence to FIFA in the dispute with Nantes over the £15m transfer fee for Emiliano Sala.Cardiff has so far refused to make an interim payment towards the fee for the Argentine striker who died in a plane crash in January. The Premier League club claimed the deal was not legally binding.Nantes referred the dispute to FIFA, who granted an extension to Monday for the clubs to submit their evidence.Now Cardiff has confirmed that it met the deadline.A club statement said: “Cardiff City FC has today submitted its answer in response to the claim filed by FC Nantes on 26 February 2019.”Recently, Cardiff offered Nantes direct talks in an effort to settle the dispute, after FIFA President Gianni Infantino said he hoped the clubs could reach an agreement.But now the matter seems likely to be adjudicated by FIFA.Cardiff will say Nantes’ conditions for completion of the deal were not fulfilled and Sala was not registered as a Premier League player.Nantes claim the required paperwork was completed and they were fully compliant with FIFA regulations.Earlier a FIFA spokesperson told BBC Sport Wales: “Proceedings are currently ongoing and therefore please understand we cannot comment further at this stage. Any potential update will be communicated in due course.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram
The Marist F.C boys: David Muta, Tommy Semmy, Koriak Upaiga and Daniel Joe, have flown in today after the return of Michael Foster last week.Foster was the first to return after his club, Malaita Kingz FC, bowed out of the league at 4th placing, which was the best ever placing for the club.The boys have greatly impacted the respective teams they played for.For the four Marist FC boys, the Solomon soccer fans saluted them off with honour as they aided Marist Fire FC to be crowned the champions of the Telekom S-League once again after 6 years.PNG acting High Commissioner to Solomon Islands, Tommy Angau, praised the five men for valiantly waving the red, black and gold colours high in the Telekom Super League.
But fares account for a tiny part of the agency’s revenue stream – just $279 million of more than $3 billion in the current fiscal year – and the long-term cost of such a hike could be catastrophic to ridership. Indeed, the agency gets nearly two-thirds of its revenue from sales taxes. Increasing costs for consumers means a revenue bump for Metro – not to mention even more incentive for the public to look for cheaper commuting alternatives. Right now, a Metro day pass costs $3, less than a gallon of gas, and is a pretty good deal. But at $5 in July and $8 by 2009, which is the proposal, a day pass isn’t much of a savings, if any at all. Is this the future the agency board really wants for L.A.? Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa has proposed a much more modest fare increase, as well as other revenue-gathering suggestions. That’s part of the answer, but it’s just the beginning. The real solution is for California to make a substantial investment in practical public-transportation projects. And not just in overpriced Westside subways. Freeways will always be a part of California’s landscape. But they do not have the ability to serve as the backbone of the state’s transportation system throughout the 21st century. And until elected officials and policymakers understand that, they will continue to go the wrong way.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! SOUTHERN California sits at a figurative crossroads for public transportation. Gas prices are soaring, a traffic-weary populace is clamoring for alternatives to the daily commutes, and the state has billions of transportation dollars to spend. It’s the perfect time for elected officials to set a sound agenda for public-transportation projects over the next two decades. So why are policy leaders running off in the other direction? Instead of blazing the way toward innovative ways of moving people around, elected officials from the governor down to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority board seem intent on placing barriers to a transportation revolution. On Thursday, the Metro board will consider a fare increase over the next couple of years so steep that it is sure to drive down ridership. Meanwhile, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger – the self-professed green governor – has proposed stealing $1.3 billion from a fund for public transportation. He is focusing on fixing freeways, which, while important, is not the answer to the state’s transportation crisis. Nor is it very green. Metro officials are legitimately worried about the expected gap of $1.8 billion between revenues and costs. Even while investing in new buses, the agency was barred by a court consent decree from raising fares for more than a decade.